[2022 Guide] Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on PC
Makalede Neler Var
Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on PC.. Forza Horizon 4, an online racing game made for the owners of Windows and Xbox devices. Certainly, many users are unable to enjoy Forza Horizon 4 Multiplayer online. For such players, I’ve come up with several solutions. Here, I’ll describe what needs to be done to Fix Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on PC. So that players can continue enjoying the game’s services online.
Best Ways to Fix Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on PC
There can be several reasons for the Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on PC bug. Maybe the teredo adapters aren’t working or the Windows firewall isn’t allowing you to play your favorite game. So more than one fix needs to be implied to get rid of Forza Horizon 4 Multiplayer not working issue.
Re-Install Teredo Adapter
Teredo Adapter should be enabled for players who want to play Forza Horizon 4 Online. Because it allows gamers to connect with the game’s servers regardless of IP address protocols i.e: IPv4 and IPv6. So if any user is having an issue with the teredo adapter, he’ll not be allowed to enjoy the elite online racing game.
- Press Windows + S keys to launch the search bar
- Type cmd inside the search bar and click on Run as administrator
- Inside the command prompt, execute the following command:
netsh interface Teredo set state disable
- After the command is executed, minimize the command prompt instance.
- Now press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager
- On Device Manager, navigate to View >> Show Hidden Devices
- Click on Network Adapters to expand the tab
- Right-click on the Teredo Adapter and select Uninstall
- Once the uninstallation of the Teredo Adapter is completed, restart your computer.
- After your system reboots, launch Command Prompt with admin privileges
- Execute the following command:
netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
- When the command is executed, check if it resolves the in-game issue.
Enable Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall also plays a vital role in running Forze Horizon Online. By any chance, if such a facility is disabled, you’ll start to get several errors. So it would be best if you ensure that firewall is enabled, so your gameplay isn’t threatened by malicious bugs.
- Launch Control Panel using the Windows search bar
- Navigate to System and Security >> Windows Defender Firewall
- If Windows Firewall isn’t enabled, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off
- Enable the perspective toggle and save changes.
- Now restart your PC.
In case you discovered Windows Firewall enabled, there’s another tweak you can do with it. Simply, reset the firewall settings to default. To do so, perform the following easy steps:
- On the command prompt launched with admin privileges, run the following command:
netsh advfirewall set currentprofile firewallpolicy blockinbound,allowoutbound
- Once the Windows firewall is reset to default, restart the PC.
Turn Antivirus Utility Off
A third-party antivirus can be problematic and intercept while you enjoy Forza Horizon 4 Online. So it would be best to disable it for a while until you check if that’s what causing the Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on PC error. Further, disable all the third-party services that intercept your system files.
- Use the shortcut key Win + R to launch the Run box.
- Execute msconfig from the run box.
- Navigate to the Services tab
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Click on the Disable button
- Hit Ok and restart your computer.
Turn Off VPN Serivces
It would be best if you don’t use a VPN to play Forza Horizon 4 Online. So if you are currently using a VPN, try disabling it for a little while. And for a better experience, uninstall that VPN from your computer.
- Launch Settings
- Click on Apps
- Select installed VPN
- Click on Uninstall
Turn On IP Helper
For enhanced connectivity benefits, you should always keep IP Helper enabled. So if you have disabled it mistakenly, try enabling it from the Windows Services instance. And, do remember to select its Startup Type to Automatic.
- From the Run box, execute services.msc
- Double-click on IP Helper
- Select Automatic from the Startup Type menu
- Hit Ok to save changes and close the Services instance.
Before moving on, do enable the following keys as well from the Windows Services instance:
- Xbox Live Networking
- Xbox Live Auth Manager
Note: For both these services, the Startup Type should be set to Automatic.
Troubled by Can’t Play Forza Horizon 4 Online on Windows 11?
In case you are unable to play Forza Horizon 4 Online on Windows 11 computer, you just need to wait until Microsoft delivers the compatible drivers for the game. Many gamers have reported this problem, but are unable to get an official fix. If you want to perform a tweak, try updating your device drivers in Windows 11.